Please include Accessibility and ASL info in your events! And if your action is ‘child friendly’
Am not back posting!
Please post your actions on Indybay even if event is digital: https://www.indybay.org/calendar/?page_id=12
See Indybay also for other listing of events.
Listing of other Bay Area Protests & Rallies
A. Roger Stone to Donald Trump: bring in martial law if you lose election – September 13, 2020
B. OPINION: What a protest looks like without police – September 13, 2020
C. Israeli Colonists Fence Palestinian Lands In Northern Plains Of West Bank
D. ‘Everyone up there got cancer’: Arizona residents fight for compensation for nuclear tests – September 13, 2020
E. More than 50 killled as gold mines collapse in Congo – September 12, 2020
F. Firefighters from Guanajuato, Mexico Arrive in Oregon to Aid with Wildfires – September 11, 2020
Firefighters from Arizona’s – San Carlos Apache Firefighters are also in OR.
Lifting up all Responders and the Communities affected.
G. Officers who killed Mario Woods used ‘unnecessary force’ — but will face no discipline – September 10, 2020
H. Robert F Kennedy Jr in Berlin 28 aug 2020
On the eve of the historic LARGE DEMONSTRATION on August 29, 2020 in Berlin.
1. Demand House Armes Services Committee investigate the U.S. military’s actions in Afghanistan.
2. To European Leaders
President Bolsonaro is desperate to close a multi-million dollar trade deal with Europe, but with the forest ablaze, EU leaders are considering last-minute changes to ensure the Amazon is protected.
With the blessing of far-right President Bolsonaro, gangs of illegal farmers are burning down the Amazon rainforest, murdering indigenous people who stand in their way.
necessary — add your name
Germany, France, The Netherlands, and Belgium have already voiced concerns about Brazil’s Amazon destruction. Let’s show they have massive public support to block the deal
ON GOING ACTION:
Occupy Antioch Police Department – 24/7 Occupation – Support needed 5:00am, Tuesday, September 15
Antioch Police Dept. (outside)
300 L Street
(nr. BART’s last stop in Antioch)
UPDATE: Monday, September 14th from Michael James: “Antioch Code Enforcement just came by to issue us a 24 hour notice of Clean-Up of the Occupy Antioch Police Department. We will need folks out with us tomorrow at 5am to hold down the space when they come and try to kick us out.”
Support needed at 5:00am Tuesday, September 15th.
Support is welcomed anytime for the 24/l7 Occupation,
On Friday, September 4th, 2020 at 5 p.m. five young activists from the City of Antioch—Shagoofa Khan, Maria Brown, Michelle Parmenter, McKenna Peterson, and Lacey Brown—and Michael James, a former resident of the Mission District of San Francisco, now an East Bay resident, began a hunger strike.
On September 9th the Hunger Strikers officially ended the Hunger Strike but continue to OCCUPY the front of the Antioch Police Department 24/7.
1. The immediate termination of Officer Michael Mellone from Antioch Police Department for his known record of illegally using lethal force in the killing of Luis Góngora Pat in San Francisco, and new surfacing allegations of abuse of force in Antioch;
2. The immediate resignation of Steve Aiello as President of Antioch Police Officers’ Association for promoting violence against peaceful protesters;
3. The integration of community representatives as equal participants (unaffiliated with the City of Antioch & its government) to the “Bridging the Gap” forum during which a third-party facilitator will be assisting a discussion on racial injustice and police community relationships. We demand also that the next forum meeting happen within the following 30 days and be publicly announced through the appropriate outlets to maximize attendance.
This year it became known that Ofc. Mellone left the San Francisco Police Department on August 18th—a day before SFPD’s Internal Affairs was set to hand down a historic suspension for violating almost every SFPD rule in the book when he fired two different lethal weapons that resulted in the killing of Luis Góngora Pat—and began working days later with the Antioch Police Department. According to San Francisco D.A. Boudin “…the timing makes very clear that the resignation was aimed at and was effective at avoiding accountability.”
Since the activist started their demonstration they have received multiple threats, have had eggs thrown at them and have also received death threats.
Please come and support!
Monday, September 14 – Thursday, September
Monday, September 14
1. Monday, 4:00pm-6:00pm (PT); 7:00-9:00pm (ET), Voting is Power Unleashed! A Moral Monday Mass Assembly
This massive online event will feature the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Forward Justice, the 43 PPC State Coordinating Committees, our co-chairs, directly impacted people, artists and special guests.
Join us for an evening that will bring together thousands of poor and low-income people and their allies as we share tools and teach-in on voter engagement, registration and protection
Host: Poor Peoples Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
Tuesday, September 15
2. Tuesday, 11:45am – 1:15pm, Swarm on BlackRock in Palo Alto
Meetup for instructions:
Palo Alto City Hall Plaza
Walk 2 blocks to BlackRock
Bring and wear: Your own water and dress for heat. Wear a colorful bandana if you have one. And we need a few more drums and drummers; there will be no chanting or singing (COVID).
For more information, contact Gary White (XR San Mateo) or Stew Plock (SV-CAN!).
3. Tuesday, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, Collective Support and Tenant Clinic (Also in Spanish)
Register Here: https://bit.ly/302R7MX
Join us if you need any support and to learn about what is happening regarding our #CancelRent campaign
EVERY other TUESDAY from 5:30pm – 7:30pm (Beginning 8/18/20)
What to expect:
* Share updates on local, regional, state and national policies
* We will answer questions and concerns
* It will be space for sharing stories and popular education
* Collectively strategize to #CancelRent
Host: Tenants Together
4. Tuesday, 6:00pm – 8:00pm (PT), 57 Years after the 16th Street Church Bombing
Online Facebook live
September 15, 1963, the predominantly African American 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama was bombed by local members of the Ku Klux Klan. This bombing resulted in the injury of 14 people and the blast killed four little girls:
Addie Mae Collins (14)
Carole Robertson (14)
Cynthia Wesley (14)
Denise McNair (11)
This terrorist attack garnered widespread national outrage.
It has been 57 years since the bombing & we should remember September 15th along with the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Aubrey, the recent killing in L.A. of Dijon Kizzee and many more.
Pastor Thembekila Smart
Pastor John Cager
Dr. Melina Abdullah
Dr. Najuma Smith Pollard
Host: SCLC of Southern California
Wednesday, September 16
5. Wednesday, 10:00am – 1:00pm (PT); 1:00pm – 4:00pm (ET), Memorializing the Sabra and Shatila Massacre: Bearing Witness, Resilience, and Accountability
Register in advance here: https://bit.ly/34LMo4r
Join the General Union of Palestinian Students (GUPS) and the Arab and Muslim Ethicities and Diasporas (AMED) Studies in an open classroom to commemorate the 38th anniversary of the Sabra and Shatila Massacre, with oral histories of resilience, activism, bearing witness and accountability for war crimes.
Co-Moderated by Dr. Rabab Abdulhadi (AMED Studies), Sabreen Imtair (SFSU GUPS) and Omneya Ragab (Cairo to the Camps)
Dr. Jaber Suleiman
Dr. Rosemary Sayigh
International Witnesses and Tribunal Participants
Dr Swee Ang
Dr. Zulaiha Ismail
Hosts: AMED Studies at SFSU, Workers World Party + 2 Others
6. Wednesday, 4:00pm – 6:00pm (PT); 7:00pm – 9:00pm (ET), Concentration camps in US? 2 novels on Japanese Americans in WW2
Kimiko Guthrie & Kiku Hughes will discuss their novels reflecting on the experience of Japanese and Japanese Americans in U.S. concentration camps during WWII.
*It DID Happen Here. It IS Happening Here. & Never Again Is NOW.*
This event is part of “Revolution Books: 60 Defiant Days, The Trump/Pence Must Go”
Hosts: Revolution Books New York & Revolution Books Berkeley
7. Wednesday, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, Bayview Hunters Point Environmental Justice Response Task Force Meeting
– Then press open zoom meeting
– If asked, then enter the meeting i.d: 813 2461 0813
2. If using a computer or smartphone and you want to download the app or make an account:
– Download the Zoom app (in Apple store or Google play store) on your phone or computer
– You can either select join a meeting and enter the meeting
i.d: 813 2461 0813 or make a free account
– If you made/have an account, click join and enter
the meeting i.d: 813 2461 0813
3. Call in using your phone and dial: +1 (408) 638-0968. If
asked, enter the meeting i.d: 813 2461 0813.
***No password is required to join the meeting by any option.
Accessible both on Zoom and Facebook Live, the webinar will expose the drivers and impact of the efforts to privatize land around the world, explore their interconnected nature, and overview the change of course required for the people and the planet.
Engineers are fighting for healthcare and living wages and Macy’s are being typical corporate villains. While their CEO raked in 9 million in bonuses, they are squeezing their workers for concessions.
By decreasing the cops’ allotment by half or more, the racist practices of the police can be reined in. Funds should be re-directed to provide jobs, training programs, housing, education and healthcare, including mental health and nutrition programs to the city’s most underserved communities.