We’ll meet at FORTUNE CHINESE RESTAURANT, 940 Webster, from 4-6 pm (if you saw this post before it was corrected, Fortune is the correct location).
Come get connected with SDBA’s projects!
- organizing for public banking in Oakland! Keeping the energy alive while the City is deciding who will do the feasibility study. Check out the video of our fabulous February 9 forum here. Also come to our Friends of the Public Bank of Oakland working group meetings.
- Tiny Homes for the homeless.
- Seattle, Davis, and the city of Alameda (among others) are divesting from Wells Fargo! We want Oakland and other Bay Area cities to debar Wells Fargo and the other US Banks, that have confessed to – and paid fines for –felonies from municipal contracts. We are working with NoDAPL on this initiative.
- money bail reform (which is having extraordinary success in New Jersey) and fighting modern day debtors’ prisons and exploitive ticketing and fining schemes.
- helping out America’s only non-profit check-cashing organization and fighting against usurious for-profit pay-day lenders and their ilk
- student debt resistance
- Promoting the concept of Basic Income
- advocating for Postal banking
- Presenting debt-related topics at forums and workshops
- Bring your own debt-related project!
If you are new to Strike Debt and want to come early, meet one or two of us and get a briefing on our projects before we dive into our agenda, email us at email@example.com .