This is from the Gray Panthers regarding CCSF – for today – Board of Trustees meeting at 4:00pm. Am sending this to a few of you.
“Prowl & Growl” with the SF Gray
Actions and Events for May 10:
This is a crucial couple of days for the future of City College. As Merilee Hearn of HEAT said, “We have only a few days until the CCSF Trustees vote on May 10 to try to convince Trustees that a vote for layoffs is a vote for devastation of [this] institution” and cuts of at least 50%. Read more. We need everyone–faculty, students, and community allies – standing strong. Please sign this letter to the Trustees.
City College Allies: Actions for Monday, May 10, in advance of Board of Trustees meeting to vote on the massive layoffs and program cuts.
1) Call and phone Mayor Breed and Supervisors, demand:
* Prioritize preserving and funding CCSF as a community college.
* Do not allow cuts to take place which eliminate faculty and programs and strip CCSF down to a junior college.
* Use your leadership to facilitate an agreement to resolve any problems in funding CCSF at the level it needs to avoid the proposed cuts.
* Tell them elected officials of San Francisco have many substantial legal rights and responsibilities in the governing of CCSF that no other California Community Colleges have. Read more about that here
Mayor London Breed (415) 554-6141 and leave a message;
email her at: <MayorLondonBreed@sfgov.org>;
SF Board of Supervisors phone numbers and email addresses
are available at: https://sfbos.org/roster-members.
2) Make public comment at the CCSF Board of Trustees Special Meeting, Monday, May 10 at 4 PM. Zoom link https://ccsf-edu.zoom.us/j/93167138535
Call-in info for public comment: 415 762 9988 or 669 900 6833 ID: 9316 7138 535 Requests to make public comment must be submitted in advance, no later than 30 minutes before the start of the meeting, via email to: email@example.com or via phone to: 669.444.1266. (They will call you when it’s your time to speak.) More info here, click on “Monday, May 10, 2012”
Please submit the following information:
2. Meeting Name and Date
3. Agenda Item Number
4. Phone number if participating by phone
More actions re CCSF this week
Thursday, May 13, 5-6:30 pm, online panel: “The Fight for City College and Education for All”. Panel discussion on the corporate agenda behind the attacks on CCSF and lessons from the 2012-17 organizing campaign. Panelists: Marcy Rein, Mickey Ellinger, and Vicki Legion, co-authors of “Free City!”; Jason Ferreira, SFSU; EK, CCSF Collective; and Beatriz Herrera, AFT 2121. Co-sponsors: Center for Political Education (CPE) & PM Press. Register at http://bit.ly/3esk2j8 Join it on FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/746687279326919
Saturday, May 15, 11 AM, CCSF HEAT panel on what’s happening to our Community Colleges. Zoom link here
Read more about City College and fighting the attacks on City College here at the SF Gray Panthers website.