If you are like me, you have shortened your attention span and do a lot of your reading online, clicking and skimming. To be a leader of the Black Panther Party, the reading requirement was 2 hours of reading per day. I’m committing to one hour per day! Here’s a list compiled from some of our Movement luminaries. Feel free to send me titles to add to the next one going out.
We need to understand what’s happening in a deep way while we fight it with all we got.
Stopping Fascism: Understanding What Happened and What to Do About It:
Reading / Film List
- “From Dictatorship to Democracy” (Roadmap for how to fight tyrants, demagogues, and dictators) Gene Sharpe
- Black Lives Matter program (Campaign Zero)
- Black Panther 10-point program
- George Lakoff.com blogs
Film: “The Brainwashing of my Dad” Jen Senko
- “The Mass Psychology of Fascism” Wilhelm Reich
- “The End of Protest” Micah White
- “New World of Indigenous Resistance” at City Lights.com
“What then must we do?” 2013 2013 Gar Alperovitzhttp://democracycollaborative.org/content/what-then-must-we-do-straight-talk-about-next-american-revolution
“Viking Economics” George Lakey
“Doing Democracy” Bill Moyer
“The Best Democracy Money Can Buy” Greg Palast
- The Shock Doctrine” Naomi Klein
“A Force More Powerful” Ackerman and Duvall
- Film: “HEIST” by Donald Goldmacher
Strangers in Their Own Land by Hochschild
- Film: Bringing Down a Dictator
Bringing Down A Dictator is a 56-minute documentary film by Steve York about the nonviolent defeat of Serbian leader Slobodan Milosevic.