Stopping Fascism: Understanding What Happened and What to Do About It
If you are like me, you have shortened your attention span and do a lot of your reading online, clicking and skimming. To be a leader of the Black Panther Party, the reading requirement was 2 hours of reading per day. I’m committing to one hour per day! Here’s a list compiled from some of our Movement luminaries. Feel free to send me titles to add to the next one going out. We need to understand what’s happening in a deep way while we fight it with all we’ve got.
• “From Dictatorship to Democracy” (Roadmap for how to fight tyrants, demagogues, and dictators) Gene Sharpe
• Black Lives Matter program (Campaign Zero)
• Black Panther 10-point program
• George Lakoff.com blogs
• Film: “The Brainwashing of my Dad” Jen Senko
• “The Mass Psychology of Fascism”, Wilhelm Reich
• “The End of Protest”, Micah White
• “New World of Indigenous Resistance”, at City Lights.com
• “What then must we do?”, 2013 Gar Alperovitz
• “Viking Economics”, George Lakey
• “Doing Democracy”, Bill Moyer
• “The Best Democracy Money Can Buy”, Greg Palast
• “Vulture’s Picnic”
• The Shock Doctrine”, Naomi Klein
• “A Force More Powerful”, Ackerman and Duvall
• Film: “HEIST”, by Donald Goldmacher
• Strangers in Their Own Land, by Hochschild
• Film: Bringing Down a Dictator
• Bringing Down A Dictator is a 56-minute documentary film by Steve York about the nonviolent defeat of Serbian leader Slobodan Milosevic.
First we build a bright national movement and then we built a political party. We need a movement that transforms into a party.