Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drill
On October 19, 2023, at 10:19am, the San Francisco Community College District will participate in Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills.
RAVE Mass Notification System
- DROP to the floor. During a large earthquake, the ground might jerk strongly and knock you down.
- Take COVER under something sturdy, to protect yourself from objects that might be thrown across the room.
- HOLD ON to your shelter until the shaking stops.
- If you can’t get under something, bend over and protect your head and neck with your arms.
- Now look around. What objects might fall or be thrown at you, that you should secure in place before a real earthquake?
- BE CAREFUL: This is about practicing safety, safely – not about being fast
After 60 seconds, a second RAVE message will be sent and will note: “This drill is over. Thank you for taking part in the Great ShakeOut!”
- We will not use audible fire alarms or sirens of any kind.
- We will not use portable P/A systems
- We will not use air raid systems
- We will not use SF Fire or SF Police Departments during this drill
- We will only use the RAVE Mass Notification system to begin and end the DRILL